Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Walmart Wednesday 12: Hair, there and everywhere

I haven't had a haircut in over a year.

There are a number of reasons why this is the case (not really knowing where to go get a haircut in this town, no one to watch the baby while I go, general apathy and laziness).

Last time I was home I decided to go get it cut, since it was well past my shoulders. When I measured it, I was a half inch shy of the Locks of Love requirement, so I figured I may as well wait a bit longer.

I like the way long hair looks when it is all wild and curly like this:
 But that requires air drying, and there is nothing that feels grosser to me than cold wet hair on my neck and back.

Yes, I could blow dry it too, but that takes time, effort, coordination and muscular forearms.

I would totally play the mom card and say I don't have time for hair care with the baby, but the truth is I never made time for blowdrying when I was childless, freewheeling, footloose and fancy free, so why on earth would I make time for it now that I get a precious hour of alone time everyday?

 So my hair usually goes up in a severe wet bun so that I don't have to feel it or think about it.



I think pulling my hair back like this for twenty seven years is causing my hairline to recede.

I'm not all that concerned though, because I can totally rock a wig.




Why am I rambling on and on about my hair?

Because this week's Walmart Wednesday post is inspired by my desire to make my wet pony tail or bun look prettier with these...


Yes they will add approximately 30 seconds to my comb, pull back, and tie in a knot morning hair routine, but I'm willing to make sacrifices for these babies!

Good job Walmart!

Anyone, find anything surprisingly pretty when removed from its Walmart context?

See my other Walmart Wednesday finds here!






No comments: