Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I Love a Challenge

I wanted to share some blogs that inspire me lately with their challenges.

The first, which I spoke of before, is Multilingualliving.com's 100 Days of Bilingualism challenge.

Each Monday, Maria Hawkins posts a week's worth of family activities geared for kids ages five to nine.

This seems perfect to me because I have the Spanish vocabulary of a very slow five-year-old.

I'm counting this part of this blog post towards my 31 Days of Spanish writing challenge. Is that cheating?


A Bowl of Full of Lemons is sponsoring a fourteen week program called Home Organization 101. She goes room by room giving instructions on how to clean and organize the space. I don't think she presents any particularly new ideas, but I enjoy looking at the pictures of her house and the links other people have posted.

abfolbutton


 I totally did not enroll, but I'm enjoying playing voyeur.

A Beautiful Mess is sponsoring a pumpkin carving competition. First prize is something I've been hankering for for two years, a Kitchen Aide Mixer. You can choose the color!!

Even though I'm not likely to win, I can't help brainstorming pumpkin ideas for my front porch. Here are some of my favorites I've seen on Pinterest.

Source: buzzfeed.com via Jayme on Pinterest






Is there anything that can't be Chevroned?















etc., etc.

Clickin' Mom's has this fantastic Instagram photo-a-day project called CMGlimpse. You can read more about it here.



It is similar to Fat Mum Slim's Photo-a-day challenges, but I'm usually much more impressed with these photos than I am with the FMS ones.  Plus I don't feel bad if I miss a day, as there is a new set of photo challenges every week.

Add hashtag #cmglimpse to your post, and  it will join a collection of awesome photos taken by nifty photographers. If you aren't on Instagram you can see the collection here. I'm a wee bit obsessed with this one, and often get my photo of the day up before I've even brushed my teeth in the morning.



Here are some challenges I'd love to take up, but don't have the energy, stamina, will- power, talent or organization for:

In July, Small Notebook has a spend-free challenge where the only thing you spend money on is utilities, rent and groceries. Gulp. Maybe next year?




November is National Novel Writing Month. I have wanted to do this one for two years, but I'm devoid of plot ideas.

Their site is amazing. I love their slogan:"Thirty days and nights of literary abandon." Unfortunately, there was no image for me to steal and stamp this blog post with. Just visit their site if you feel a story tickling you.

Project 333: experiments with living with less, challenges you to whittle down your clothing collection to only 33 items (not including underwear and jewelry, I think). This is another project I'm tempted to try because I'm pretty sure I only wear five things in my closet, but the idea of throwing so many things away fills me with dread.



This one is from The Gracious Pantry blog. It is a NO SUGAR challenge. I basically live on Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, so  this one is filed under challenges I should do, but haven't worked up the guts to do yet.




I'll post another time about all the e-courses I take. I'm currently enrolled in three, outside of my Spanish course!

I crave variety and I feel a strong desire to MAKE things, which is the reason why I can never stick to one thing and I'm always working on a smattering of projects.

It is also why my house is constantly messy.

Anyways, does anyone else get inspired by internet challenges? Am I just a lunatic with too much time on my hands? What blogs help you get all those synapses firing? Please share, as I'm constantly on the hunt for something new!

No comments: