Friday, October 12, 2012

El Secreto de Sus Ojos



I love Netflix! I used it constantly when I lived in Texas. When I moved to Canada, I was initially disappointed by Netflix.ca selection but there are still some very entertaining options.

If it wasn't for football and The Daily Show, we'd probably cancel cable altogether and rely solely on Netflix.

Our favorite show on Netflix for the moment is Breaking Bad. AMC is doing an incredible job bringing well-written shows to basic cable. But I also use Netflix for TED talks and for getting more exposure to Spanish.

Here is one of my favorite Spanish films on Canadian Netflix (there aren't as many as the U.S. Netflix, but I'm working with what I've got):

The Secret in Their Eyes (2009) Argentina



This is a great drama about a retired investigator basing a novel on the unsolved murder of a young newlywed woman that has haunted to him over the years. I thought the acting and story were both fantastic.

It was directed by Juan Jose Campanella and it won the Academy Award for Best Foreign Film in 2009.

You can watch a trailer for it here.

2 comments:

Lili said...

I have an idea for material for your '30 days of spanish' - try to cook a traditional recipe! Food is as much of the hispanic culture as is the language. I like the recipes from mycolombianrecipes.com. My new goal is to cook (or at least attempt to cook) 1 Colombian recipe per week. I realized how un-Colombian I am in the kitchen!

Now, I know you're not Colombian, but in the land of Google, I'm sure you can find recipes for your own country. Or who knows, pair that Colombian novela con una bandeja paisa. :)

Jayme said...

That's a great idea, Lili! You should blog about your adventures in the kitchen. :) I do have a ton of Belizean/Honduran recipes I haven't attempted on my own. Thanks!