Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Puppy!


I finally have my puppy!

We've dreamed about getting a dog together for the past two years and now that he is here I can't believe how much I love my Kirby.

I keep saying I'm not going to become one of those crazy pet owners who don't realize that their dogs are dogs and not children. But he really is like a baby, and whenever I have to put him in his crate to leave him and here him whimper I feel like slitting my wrists.

He is an eight week golden retriever. I didn't want a golden retriever. I wanted a rescue mutt, but Danny insisted on getting this particular type of dog and I can understand why. He said I can get a rescue kitty, but for our first dog we should get a breed he could trust.

When I think of all the places this puppy is going to go and all the things he is going to see, I get so excited for him. And when Danny is off in Russia or Iraq I'm going to be so relieved to have this fluffy pup loving me when I'm all alone.

I'm currently working and I'd love to write about it but I'm legally bound not to. GRRR. No I'm not in the CIA. I'm doing stupid census work. I'm interviewing for an education job soon.


1 comment:

Starr said...

I love it when you blog. Have you seen my blog yet? I'd say go for it, start your tutoring business! Also I don't understand the Jayme alone bit......aren't you traveling with Danny to foreign lands?