Thursday, April 16, 2009

i hate job hunting

So I haven't updated for a long time. I guess too much has been going on for me to sit down and try to crystalize everything into a blog entry. Let's see.

I was in Wellington two weeks ago with my family. My mom, my gran, and my future mother-in-law went dress shopping. The dresses fit for the most part, which made me happy. I found a couple possibilities. I want something lacy and fitted. No ballgowns for me.

One nice thing about the break was that my family and Danny's family went to dinner for my birthday. It was nice to see if everyone getting along and having a good time. We went to Macaronni Grill, where they have the crayons and the paper on the tables and I was surprised at what a hit they were. It made me almost want to put paper and crayons on the tables at the wedding.

Speaking of weddings, I saw the movie Rachel Getting Married the other day and really liked the off-beat backyard wedding at the end of the movie. It made me wish I had lots of musicians buddies. And a cake shaped like an elephant.

But not the drug addicted sister, dead little brother, checked-out mom, etc.

I've been job hunting for the fall. Over break I interviewed with a school for at-risk girls called PACE in West Palm Beach. I was excited about that job, butI haven't heard back from them in awhile and it is making me nervous. Today I went to the education job fair and spoke with Alachua, Brevard, Hillsborough, Palm Beach, and Polk counties about becoming a reading teacher for elementary, middle, or high schools. I thought going to the fair would be an hour or two max, and that I'd just be handing out resumes. So I didn't eat anything, thinking I could meet up with Danny for lunch.

Big mistake.

I was there from 10:30 to 3 pm. By the last interview I was shaking, not from nerves but from hunger.

We had to stand in these long lines in order to give the representatives our resumes. It's nerve wracking when you see how many people are after the same six or seven posititions. I'll feel like I have more direction when Danny knows for sure where he will be working, but who knows when that will be.

I recently read the entire "Shopaholic" series. They were light and funny and I could see why they are so popular. I got the book The Host by Stephanie Meyer for my birthday but I haven't had a chance to read it yet. I have three more papers to get through before the end of the semester and then I'll start it.

No comments: