Thursday, March 19, 2009

Rejection

Rejection always stings.

I didn't get my dream job. I should have known it was too good to be true, I guess. Life would have been far too perfect if I had a work from home job that allowed me to use all my talents to further a cause I believe in. I had tried really hard not to get my hopes up, but I'm pretty upset nonetheless.

Now it's back to the drawing board. Try to get a teaching position? Apply for a doctoral program? Pray that I haven't wasted time and money getting a degree that doesn't seem to be opening any doors for me? Did I make a bad decision by not attending law school in Miami? Is there an open window in this situation that I'm just not seeing because my disappointment is giving me tunnel vision?

I will not fall victim to sour grapes. I will find something even better.

No comments: