Friday, September 14, 2012

Project 52:9

Newfoundland is

far away from grandparents.

I love this picture. I feel like it captures the essence of both my parents and the way they adore their first grandchild.

I'm hoping to get some good ones this weekend of her with my other set of parents.

How lucky my girlie is to be so loved.

We're in Florida for the next week and I can't believe how my body has adjusted to a cooler climate.

Even in the air conditioning I feel hot.

Sweat drenches my little girl  every time we go outside.

She looks at me as if to say, "How can anyone live here!?!"

We would love to live here and be close to her grandparents, but that just isn't in the cards for us right now.

And I know by the end of this trip, with as much love as I have for my family, and with as much torture as three long plane flights are flying solo with a baby, I'll still be happy to get back to my quiet little house in Newfoundland.

Where my plants will probably be all dead from lack of water

and my puppy will give me a few hours of the silent treatment for disappearing on him.

There is something comforting about having your own little family and your own bit of space, and running things on your own terms that makes me just love being an adult.

Check out the original Project 52 here.


2 comments:

Makeup by Magen said...

I ADORE this picture! Your mom is so beautiful :)

Jayme said...

Thanks Magen! I'm hoping Ellie looks like her. Hope that little baby girl is treating you well in these last few weeks.