Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sleep is for babies

Me nap? Pshaw! Sleep is for babies.

I'm having a difficult time this week getting posts up. I have a baby who was a terrific night time sleeper, until last week, when she suddenly reverted back to newborn hours.

The only thing that got us both any sleep is her burrowing herself into my arm pit in the bed. I'd been pretty firm about her sleeping in her crib from birth, just because of stories my parents tell of actually having to pay me to sleep in my own bed as a kid. But my resolve disappears at 2:30 in the morning.

She isn't teething. I'm pretty sure it is a combination of her having a growth spurt and her waking up and to practice her "mad new skills" (this kid is scooting around like a Navy Seal!). Hopefully, it is just a stage that will pass.

Until then, I'm probably not going to be posting as frequently as before. That is because even though baby isn't sleeping much at night, she still only naps for about seventeen minutes.

So sweet! Its hard not to waste five minutes of her nap time just gazing at her.

When she's down for a seventeen minute nap, usually around 12 pm and, if I'm lucky, 3 pm, I often have to choose between blogging, showering, or attempting to exercise (ha). Showering usually wins.

When blogging does win, I often end up with a post full of grammatical/spelling mistakes (I'm looking at this book post, and cringing). Sorry about that.


Things I do hope to post about in the future:

  • Our drinking game, turned workout plan for the Daily Show and Colbert Report
  • My online home ec class, and my nightly battles with the sewing machine
  • A review of the book Overdressed by Elizabeth L. Cline
  • Some Spanish language resources for learning on your own
  • Why I LOVE Instagram Photo-A-Day projects
  • Baby products I bought that I totally didn't need
  • How to teach yourself to play the ukelele
  • Tell you all about my favorite blogs
  • How we're attempting to teach the baby to swim using online resources
  • How my homemade laundry soap is working out
  • ...
And my seventeen minutes are up.

Hope everyone out there is getting more sleep than I am!


No comments: