Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Buttons!

I had to drive two hours into the city with my husband and baby this week. My baby was born with a slight hip clunk, and every few months we have to take her to see an orthopedic pediatrician to make sure everything is okay.

So I decided to make some button magnets during the drive. Don't worry, I wasn't driving while sticking magnets on buttons. I was a seat belted passenger, happily sorting buttons by color like a preschooler.

This is the PINspiration:


This is the completed project:

























Charles Caleb Colton said, "Much may be done in those little shreds and patches of time which every day produces and which most men throw away."

I'm sure he was talking about working towards achieving world peace, or some grander scheme. Still, every time I look at my dry erase board I smile, so I'm pleased that that shred of time went towards making something pretty.

3 comments:

Starr said...

I love buttons! How did you adhere the magnets to the buttons? I recently did a button project from pinterest with clothespins. I modgepodged scrapbook paper to the clothespins and then glued a button to the top. I'm using them for a baby shower to hang onesies off of, but they would be great for photos, etc. I love reading your blog!

Lili said...

Good job with the button magnets! Super cute! Wait... Is that what I think it is?!?! Omg it's our postcard! You just made me so happy!!!

Jayme said...

@ Starr: I just bought the magnets with foam stick on backs. Your project sounds so cute!

@Lili: We gaze at it lovingly every day, lol. You should come to Canada and visit it, :)