Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sites where you can get creative



"Creativity is a type of learning process where the teacher and pupil are located in the same individual."
-Arthur Koestler


For my technology class, we had to introduce ourselves using one of the following web sites. I thought I'd share them, because I spent a ridiculous amount of time playing on them. Below are links to the sites, and above is one of my creations from the Wordle site.

The Wordle is made up of words from my favorite poems, which included "Phenomenal Woman" by Maya Angelou, "Stop all the clocks..." by W.H. Auden, "I Sing the Body Electric" by Walt Whitman, and I think a Pablo Neruda poem (If you haven't read anything by him, google him. He's amazing!).

Animoto
: makes slide shows out of your pictures and sets it to music
Wordle: use this website to make word clouds out of anything
Voicethread: lets you record your voice for digital storytelling
Slideshare: lets you post power point presentations online
Bubbleshare: a really user-friendly way to make a slideshow of pictures, add text, and send to people on the internet

Below is the bubbleshare I made for my class.

BubbleShare: Share photos - Find great Clip Art Images.


The video I referenced in the slideshow is called Did You Know 2.0. Check it out if you want to feel amazed and slightly overwhelmed by the way the world changes because of the internet.

No comments: